Tuesday, July 26, 2016

Week 8: Divine Intervention

Summary of Week 8




Training Goal: Absorb training
Personal Goal: Fine tune schedule and logging lots of bike time

Distance Covered: All Activities: 124.47km
Duration: All Activities: 10h53m
Elevation Gain: 794m

Swim Time:
1h06m
Swim Distance:
2.65km

Bike Time:
5h34m
Bike Distance:
98.44km
Elevation Gain:
644m

*For indoor bike - time measurement only
**Including brick

Run Time:
2h06m
Run Distance:
22.83km
Elevation Gain:
60m
*Including brick

Time Spent Doing Strength/Core/Stability Exercises:
1h57m
*Including rest/chit chat

Time Spent Stair Climbing (ascent):
9:05m
Elevation Gain:
90m

Unaccounted for
~ foot workout
~ run drills/warm up/cool down
~ Stair descent
~ Some stair ascent
*No garmin record either deliberately or by accident - not pushing button and some other fucked up reason due to my own negligence



Training Notes for Week 8:

1) Swim workouts was a off a bit due to rain. Missed one session and didn't finish another one. I didn't make up for it. It is decided that swim will be the least prioritize session. Other than that, still little progress from last week.

2) Bike was quite ok but was rushing due to family commitment, hari raya, open house and stuff. Installed blinkers and lights since distance will get longer and possibility of starting or ending a bike ride in low light conditions is higher. Progress feels like last week altough felt better at smaller climbs. Slow but steady. Stationery bike was tough as duration gets longer. Not a comfortable place to be in but you gotta do what you gotta do.

3) Run was suprisingly ok especially during brick which I managed a 5:05min/km pace. Could be my fastest run time off the bike yet. No cramps, so that was a big improvement. Really pushed it during the run just to see whether i'd get cramps. Other than that, speed session were ok though might need some work especially run form. Progress still like last week albeit better. I like that cadence is increasing so that's some positive news there.

4) Strength session continues. The stability exercises that was quite tough to do last week were better this week. Still losing balance on some exercises, so still plenty to work on there.


Feeling Notes for Week 8:

1) I feel that fatigue is starting to set in and I'm starting to feel like the schedule will overwhelm me in August when races starts to rack up. Came up with the draft schedule for august but the outlook doesn't look too good. Either I risk burning out or I just have to back off during sessions or even during the race itself. We'll see how this goes.

2) I feel that waking up early is important to get all the workouts before anything else. this way I can just focus on other things.

A photo posted by Hafdzuan (@hafdzuan) on



3) I feel like I have a lot going on triathlon wise and maybe having a record of them would be nice to look back at in the future after all this Ironman madness finishes.

4) I question myself sometime on why am I doing this. Of course I'm in autopilot mode when it comes to training as I enjoy it so much. So it's not a matter of whether its hard or whatever, its probably more on whether all this training meant other things have to compromise and that breeds guilt. So questions always arises as a result of feeling guilty and starting to shift to whether all of this, is worth the effort and time spent?

No comments: