Monday, July 18, 2016

Rest,Relax,Recover,Review,Reflect,Repeat


*Suppose to be posted before Ramadhan





I haven't really come up with a training plan for the IMMY2016 race. I do have kind of structure as a guide based on previous 70.3 training plan. The one thing I'm most worried about is slipping away from the training routine I've gotten used to for the past 20 weeks prior to putrajaya 70.3. This include swimming during lunch, weekly gyms, long bikes and runs and rest day. Currently i try to stick to the daily routine but without any real structure. This means I don't worry about intensity and time. I try to use the 70.3 distances, paces and times for my workout.




I also take the opportunity to try new things which was not incorporated in my training before. This include strength workouts and long slow distance runs. Went for trail run more made running interesting again. Very important if you wish to go long since the monotony of long run can sometime makes you lose focus and less enjoyable.




All of this will influence how i structure my training plans. Having a 70.3 training plan made me realied that sustainability is key in ensuring consistent, specific and progressive training plan.





No comments: