Wednesday, July 20, 2016

Week 7: It has begun

Summary of Week 7




Training Goal: Finish strong in Saturday's Long Ride
Personal Goal: Measuring Fitness and Recce Route

Distance Covered: All Activities: 201.84km
Duration: All Activities: 17h07m
Elevation Gain: 1627m

Swim Time:
2h52m
Swim Distance:
6km

Bike Time:
9h23m
Bike Distance:
171km
Elevation Gain:
1233m

*For indoor bike - time measurement only
**Including brick

Run Time:
23.8 km
Run Distance:
3h02m
Elevation Gain:
269m
*Including brick

Time Spent Doing Strength/Core/Stability Exercises:
1h33m
*Including rest/chit chat

Time Spent Stair Climbing (ascent):
12:51m
Elevation Gain:
125m

Unaccounted for (No garmin):
~ 24 minutes foot workout
~ 1 hr drills/warm up/cool down
~ Stair descent


Training Notes for Week 7:

1) Swim was rather difficult for speedier sessions. Still trying to recall/find the right stroke movement. Couldn't complete all swim sets because of time issues. Priority are main sets which involves working on base and speed. Drills are done at least once per week. Status: Probably at 1.5km now at comfortable pace (more than 2min/100m).

2) Bike was quite ok considering the distance. Probably at around 80 km to 90km fitness level. Climbing was ok but steeper gradient was quite challenging. Nutrition was ok. Still need to sort out a few of bike issues. Goal was to finish strong on the long ride. Didn't finish strong but wasn't crap at the end either. Status: Probably at around 80 km to 90km now at easy/comfortable pace (less than 30km/h).
<30km and="" but="" crap="" didn="" either.="" feel="" finish="" go="" goal="" h="" like="" long="" nbsp="" on="" p="" saturday.="" strong="" t="" the="" to="" was="">
3) Run was suprisingly ok especially doing a 5:25min/km pace for the 5km brick. Maybe the focus run session before and during ramadhan help maintain some run fitness. Pace has improved and starting to find running form. Still need to test at higher mileage runs. Status: Probably at 10km now at a comfortable pace (more than 6min/km).

4) Strength session will continue with Eric Orton's routine with the gym ball and stability wedge, static body weight core exercises, and weights for the main muscle groups in legs. Considering to add lunges and squats if time permits. Also trying to committ to climbing stairs up and down office (10 storey) to give the legs some workouts and getting some elevation in.

Feeling Notes for Week 7:

1) I feel even in training i could push harder. In some sessions I was quite suprised I hit some numbers that I didnt manage to do during previous training workout. The problem is to hold it for a period of time.

2) I feel I can better manage my time if preparation were done in detail and prior to work outs. I can schedule my workout better by going over it with the missus. I do wonder how much can she withstand over the following week as training gets longer and more intense leaving me with more time out of the house training/burned out. So I am also basically testing & pushing her patience's threshold limit.

3) I feel music helps a lot. And it's really required for those relatively long, stationery and repetitive sessions in the gym.

4) I feel triathlon isn't everything. I need to also think and do other non-triathlon things to better appreciate life as a whole. Maybe this is a sort of defense mechanism against feeling guilty, I don't know. But it feels right whenever I do non-triathlon things especially those that require me to be a responsible person. But to a certain extent, I try not to miss my main workout. Especially those long ones or strength sessions.

5) I feel racing helps push your body break through the limit. Really miss trail running and will try a 50km ultra next year. Will probably add some elevation in August for the back to back to back races.

6) I feel rest is crucial (duh!). I think, among others, increased performance metrics is partly due to rest.

7) I feel I am starting to have a sort of routine/habit of doing things and getting more efficient in creating an enabling environment for me to workout. Let's hope it stays that way.

No comments: