Monday, October 31, 2016

Week 22: Out of our hands

Summary of Week 22




Training Goal: Best Effort in All Workouts
Personal Goal: Just get it done
Distance Covered:119.35km
Duration: 9h26m
Elevation Gain: 772m
Overall Training Completion Rate (Actual Vs Planned):
51%

Swim Time:
0h38m
Swim Distance:
1.7km

Bike Time:
4h22m
Bike Distance:
83km
Elevation Gain:
528m
*For indoor bike - time measurement only
**Including brick

Run Time:
3h36m
Run Distance:
34.65km
Elevation Gain:
154m
*Including brick

Time Spent Doing Strength/Core/Stability Exercises:
40h59m
*Including rest/chit chat

Time Spent Stair Climbing (ascent):
8m27s
Elevation Gain:
90m
*Based on what was recorded

Unaccounted for
~ run drills
~ stair - descent



Training Notes for Week 22:

1) 1 swim session and that was it.

2) Manage a quite intense tempo ride which was good. Push on the brick ride as well. Please with that ride.

3) Did all the prescribed runs. The tempo run wasn't that good since I overpushed it. The foundation run was done in the targetted HR zone. Some runs were done after the bike so pace was off from usual.

4) Brick run was ok. No cramps. I felt like crap but still could run/walk. Pretty slow but still moving. Don't know if that's a good thing or a bad thing.

Feeling Notes for Week 22:

1) This week's volume reduce a bit but not much. The swim volume was still high but I executed the opposite. The bikes and runs reduced maybe about 25% from last week so that's still a lot to do. But I was feeling tired and I was away for 2 days because of work. So I might as well just start tapering this week by resting more. I do what I can.

2) Lately, my grandfather was really ill and the baby is due soon. So had to cancel workouts and I just wanted to get this Ironman done. It's stressful to think that I might have to miss the Ironman due to uncertainties in life. So I am just basically doing what I can and just let everything unfold and make decisions then. I'm feeling helpless and not in control.

3) Taper for the next 2 weeks and we'll see whether I start the race. The feeling now? Just want to get this done and get on with life. I'll probably remember the Ironman for all the time it has taken away from me, the guilt, this helpless feeling and the unproductive 4+ months I have ever been in my entire life spent thinking about this race. Maybe that'll change, but for now, that's what the Ironman is.

4) 12 days til all this shit is hopefully over.

No comments: