Tuesday, February 07, 2006

to hell with time

As of today, i can drive like an asshole legally. But the actual license is currently in process so i have to ...arghhh.... WAIT!

I arrived at where the test is taking place around 8.40 am and i head straight to the counter for registration. Then I have to endure 4 hours of waiting, holding my piss and anxiety to finally get called upon and go through the whole test .. again.

I couldn't believe i've waited for that long.

I hate waiting especially if you don't have something amusing or entertaining to make the wait worthwhile. I should've borrowed someone's NgageQD for the day. Anyway, they gave this number and all i did during the whole waiting period is listen for my number to be called upon and look at cute and sexy chicks. An hour passed..then another hour .. .the third hour i gave up waiting. But the chick surveying still goes on ...strong. :)

It was hot and annoying, i was hungry and needed to piss but i can't leave coz the risk of the JPJ dudes calling my number. So there i was waiting, looking at people getting picked and cursed at how lucky they are getting selected so early.

Adreneline was pumped throughout my veins as early as 9 am and everytime they call out a number my body would generate more of these hormones and by 11 am... I've wasted a gland full of adrenaline. I felt weak, hopeless and i hate myself for failing the test weeks before. How the hell can i do the test now feeling so shitty physically and mentally?

I was as energetic as a dead cold fish, hungry and it shows . I know i have this face when i'm hungry. I'd put on a grumpy face. Hunger + waiting + tests = bitch. But i can;t get grumpy in front of the JPJ officer and somehow i just said to myself just go on with it. WHatever happens happens. I'm here and let's get through this. And then... the JPJ dude talked to me...and asked me how i'd failed last time and i told him the lines on the road fucked me up and then suddenly he asked me to make a turn and said we don;t need to do this. We don;t have enough time. And i went through everything like a basketcase on speed. He told me to just go over the 30km/h limit... and i did that. And i forgot everything.. and i just let my Need for speed most wanted instinct kick in and then i'm done. It's over. i passed.

I was like ..how? i did worse then before. how the hell can a government officer became so friendly? Then summing it all together .. i made a rather interesting conclusion.

The wait was a blessing in disguise. One thing about people that i know for sure is that .. people hate to wait. WE hate being bored. ANd this also applies to the JPJ officers. They have to do the same thing over and over and over again and i know it's boring. And when they're hot and hungry they just wan't to get it overwith. .. . I guess him taking pity on me coz i failed and looked hopeless .......and, him being hot in that little car with an empty stomach gave him a reason that came from the gut to just let me pass. The kinda thing you would do when an elder seems in need of help and you instinctly just lend him a hand. It was chemistry. I got 18/20 and i know i don;t deserve it. But he wasn't concentrating on me. He was concentrating on getting his job done. And i was lucky he made that call.

So i got outta the car and with the test marks slip in my hand .... i observe the proof of this miracle that i have just experienced. But i forgot to thank God,...... so on the way back while reading the slip ... i hit my head on an Air cond unit and everyone who was waiting for their turn laughed ...and i was like ...smiling back at them as if i was an innocent nude boy on the beach.

Taking the driving test is a once in a lifetime experience but in my case .. it's a twice in a lifetime experience but i'm loving it ....

No comments: