Monday, February 06, 2017

Logs and plans

A photo posted by Hafdzuan (@hafdzuan) on



So logging starts. Monthly updates, hopefully. Likewise in Ironman training, I scheduled some races leading up to SCKLM 17. Considering I plan to do an ultra race (have to get some LSD anyways), I decided put in some challenging trail days to get some elevation in and to get the body ready. I guess for 2017, that epic race is TMBT 100k.

Races:

1H2017

1) Nuang Ultra
2) Hulu Langat Trail Run
3) King Of Kampung Kemensah
4) SCKLM

2H2017

5)Cultra
6)TMMT
7)TMBT

And I've planned some trail run/hike to get some elevation with the elevation increased progressively.

1) G. Datuk
2) G. Angsi via Ulu Bendul
3) G. Datuk + G. Gagak + G. Rembau
4) G. Nuang
5) G. Berembun + G. Telapak Buruk
6) G. Angsi via Ulu Bendul + B. Putus
7) Trans Nuang

So far, I'm only left with trans nuang. I'm waiting for my Salomon Skin Pro 10 to arrive and also get some additional gears before attempting it. These trails are about (or less) than an hour from home (or my parent's) so the convenient factor + the nice elevation was the main reason all these courses were chosen. So far I think the best would be G. Berembun since it has everything and runnable. Would love to do Broga but there are probably too many people on weekends, but we'll see.

The 1st half of 2017 training is mainly to set a PB at SCKLM. At the same time, the 1st half base phase is also a time to explore new trails to train for the 2nd half of the year. Volume will peak mid march with a total mileage of around 80km. I don'k know if it's possible, but that's what I'm aiming for. Focus on endurance and speed for the last 2 months before SCKLM.

A months break for Ramadhan and training continue in the mountains again. This time probably more specific/threshold stuff.

The 2nd half training is mainly focused on finishing TMBT. So it's gonna be a lot of long runs and climbs.    

1H2017 Stats:
Start/Ends: 27 November 2016/21 May 2017
Planned Number of Training Weeks:
26
Goal Average Distance Per Week: 60km+-
Goal Average Elevation Per Week: min 1,000m+-

No comments: